Monday 3 March 2008

Beard 2


Beard 2
Originally uploaded by Bill Bevan
Granada, Nicaragua, 3rd March.

Three days later and the beard is coming along well.

This morning I decided to do something I've never done before - do some hairy sculpting of a beard. Mostly for two reasons:

1. The full beard looks a bit like Bluto's permanent 5 O'clock shadow in Popeye - that is terrible. Not a good look after more than two days having that dark, textured shadow below the chin.

2. Itchiness. In my past experience after a week of growth the nexk and underchin area become unbearably itchy. Even worse in temperatures over 30 o'C.

So, a hairless neck but yet still a beard.

Georgia thought the look of a Baptist, while I tended towards Bee Gees. Neither bodes well for its longevity.

I'm not sure which phase to go to next - the Master/Adam full goatee or the Noel Edmonds tidy-beard. Nor do I know whether I'll be brave enough to blog either result!

No comments: