Monday 25 February 2008

Roosting chickens and green hair

I spent a lot of time in the little swimming pool at the aptly named and superlative Hostal Lazybones in Leon. I also enjoyed length swimming a few times at the University Swimming Pool at UCC on the outskirts of town.

On Monday, after a protracted session at the Post Office just about managing to buy 20 stamps and 2 postcards, I caught a glimpse of a green flash in the afternoon light. My dreads were going green and ever greener before my eyes.

OK. So I admit to having taken the odd bit of lightener to them in years past, but it’s been a LONG time.

I was happy to learn from an Australian friend, that here sister’s naturally blond hair used to go green regularly in swimming pools and that it is not permanent.

I resisted the pool on the morning of our departure.

No comments: